Dear Baby -
Today marks 20 weeks of our pregnancy journey together. You wiggle alot now (but could you wiggle more because it's very reassuring when you do). Every day that passes, every week "marker" has me becoming more attached to you. I think we've named you; Frances Benedicta Joy. Your big sister (and godmother) Hannah will call you "Pope Baby". It just seemed like the right name. Someday I'll explain to you exactly why. There's so much buzz in the media and online about how smart women use contraception and useful women have real jobs and don't have nearly a dozen babies. I want you to know that we don't believe that. We believe that your life was planned since the beginning of time by a God Who loves you even more than we do. You were never an afterthought or a result of something we couldn't control. You are meant to be our daughter and the highly anticipated sister of your very loving siblings. I'm pretty big already and people think I'm due "soon". I'm not. 20 more weeks. August, hot, sweaty, wonderful August. 20 more weeks of flips and kicks and seeing your sibling's faces when they hear the thumpity thump of your tiny heart. That time will fly and soon you will be "earthside" (as a friend of mine calls it) with us. For now I'll try to offer up the discomforts of pregnancy and remember that the prize is invaluable. The prize is you.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:
Beautiful! - Erin
This is so beautiful :) :) :)
Post a Comment