Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes For Friday

I haven't joined the "7 Quick Takes" on Fridays before but I thought I'd give it a try.  Since I have pregnancy induced ADD it seems the thing to do...quick is good.

1)  This picture describes my last couple of weeks well.  Asking Jesus what He wants from us can be scary (at least for me it is...).  I don't usually feel up to the tasks that He has in mind for me.  I've been wallowing in "Whoa is me" land lately.  Trying to remember it's OK to fall and get back up again.



2)  In the confirmation class I help with we were talking about these very works of mercy.  I feel as a mother and wife I perform most of them everyday and don't really need to look elsewhere to do them.  I very much enjoy volunteering but that's not the season I'm in right now.  Blessed Mother Teresa continues to be an inspiration to me as a mother and wife.  I have no diploma and I make no money....it's a good reminder of what really matters to Jesus.


3) I've had this picture in the pile for a while now and haven't had the chance to write up a blog on it.  So here it is.  My paternal grandparents.  I never had the privilege of meeting my grandpa as he died before I was born but I miss my grandma everyday.  She was a special woman and I will forever be grateful for the time I was allowed with her in this life.


4) Well if you know me at all you know I've been waiting for months (since October?) for this album to finally be released.  Hannah was kind enough to purchase it for me and I've listened to it about a million times already, I think.  Nothing perks up house cleaning like some praise and worship music especially when it's Matt Maher. 


5) Clare in goggles two summers ago, I think.  That is all.


6)  Remembering babies born into Jesus' arms this next few weeks especially.  I've had a few losses in the spring time and last weekend marked when we found out we were expecting Veronica (who went to be with Jesus late June of 2012).  For all mothers and fathers who have lost babies I pray they will find comfort in Jesus.


7)  This picture taken last summer at Greenfield Village.  Seemed an appropriate way to end the "work" week.  Happy weekending everyone.  It looks like it might finally be spring.  Maybe.  Go visit House Unseen for some more quick takes.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: