Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dear World......

Dear Outside World....when you ask me how I can love so many children I will answer that I can and I do but more than that they are loved by their siblings in a way that I couldn't possibly replicate.  Any boy that wants to date these girls will have some big brothers to answer to.

When you ask me if my kids feel "ripped off" because they are so close in age I say no...they always have playmates, always have someone to hold their hand, to hug them, to get them a bandaid.....

When you ask if my older kids feel oppressed because they don't have cars or their own rooms or fancy, expensive clothing I say that even my kid's friends come over on a Saturday just to take my kids to the park.  We are so blessed to have friends who value our children...community is huge.

When you ask me if I'm "done" I say I can never be done with this.  I can never be done with the toothless grins, run away curls, giggling, and bright eyes.  I know I will have to be done one day but it will never be my choice.  Only God's.

When you ask me if I'm tired I will tell you that yes, I am tired.  At the end of everyday I fall into bed and recite their names...Brandon, Hannah, Owen, Katie, Jackson, Sam, Mary, Cecilia, Clare, Josie, and Frances and all of our saints in heaven.  I manage a  "thank you God" before I pass out.  I'm grumpy some days and tired all days but GRATEFUL every minute.  As one of my favorite Christian Rock bands sings "Don't Stop the Madness" for it's in my madness that I found my Savior and my Peace.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for trusting God to plan your family.