Saturday, March 10, 2012

40 Days


My eyes are always on the Lord, for He rescues my feet from the snare. Turn to me and have mercy on me, for I am alone and poor. (Ps 25:15-16)

Lent is marching forward.  I'm learning something new everyday.  God is so good to me.  I've discovered I can, in fact, hold my tongue.  I can live without getting the last word or pelting people with nasty words.  Anger no longer has a place in my heart.  I thought it would be hard to let it go.  It wasn't.  I asked God to take it from me.  And He did.

I'm counting my blessings this Lent, finding my gifts, and learning so much about The One Who made me.

40 days - it used to seem like too much.  Too long.  Too empty.  And now, now it doesn't seem like long enough.  Of course, God's timing is always perfect. 

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: