Sunday, March 04, 2012

Gratitude Sunday - A Week of Great Blessings

I'm afraid words cannot express the GRATITUDE I have in my heart this week.  There's been so much going on.  Jesus has transfigured my heart and mind in a way that I cannot describe.  All the "usual" gratefulness is still accurate - healthy children, food, a warm house, family, Mass, LOVE....but there's so much more.
Lent has brought with it an opportunity to truly reconcile our past and look forward to our future in a new light.  Jesse and I were finally able to attend one of our Parish's prayer meetings the other night and it was such a wonderful experience.  I can't believe we've never done it before.  We will definitely be going back! 
I am anxious to see what the future holds.  I am overwhelmed, at times, by the generous hearts of our family and friends.  And so grateful for their random acts of kindness that help keep me going when things seem too much to bear.
I'm grateful for the uniqueness of my children and all the gifts they have to offer our family and the world (and their weirdness too like the picture below that I found on my computer )
I am GRATEFUL for the love that our children have brought to our family.  Mostly I am grateful for God's MERCY and FORGIVENESS. 
Are you counting your gifts everyday?  Numbering your blessings and documenting them can truly change your outlook.  I have taken to pestering Brandon each day (via text) asking him to tell me his 5 top blessings of the day.  I hope you are all counting yours.  This world is full of enough negativity and hate.  Focusing on the good can only bring JOY and PEACE to our lives.

No comments: