I meet people in so many places. The homeschool co op, church, the neighborhood, facebook, blogs. I look in from the outside and see their seemingly "perfect" lives. I wonder what they are doing right and what I am doing wrong.

My house is messy, I sweep the floor 5 times a day, I vacuum more than that. I look at the pictures on their blogs and see the "perfect", the beautiful, the good. I despair. When I meet couples married for 30 years and they seem so connected, so happy, so, well, perfect. Then I fight with my husband about the same things over and over again. What do they know that I don't? I read, I pray, I study. I have buried my pride (well, ok, I'm still working on that one) but I don't have my perfect. WHERE IS MY PERFECT?

Then they let me into their homes, into their lives, and I see. They don't have perfect either. They have flaws, sadness, they fight, yell, they mess up too. And it's OK.
My house is messy, I sweep the floor 5 times a day, I vacuum more than that. I look at the pictures on their blogs and see the "perfect", the beautiful, the good. I despair. When I meet couples married for 30 years and they seem so connected, so happy, so, well, perfect. Then I fight with my husband about the same things over and over again. What do they know that I don't? I read, I pray, I study. I have buried my pride (well, ok, I'm still working on that one) but I don't have my perfect. WHERE IS MY PERFECT?
Then they let me into their homes, into their lives, and I see. They don't have perfect either. They have flaws, sadness, they fight, yell, they mess up too. And it's OK.
I remember there was only One Perfect. And He died for me. He made it possible for me to be imperfect. He gave me a shelter, a group, friends, elders to learn from, to grow with, to teach, and to follow.
I need not look further than scripture to find my Perfect. He is the Only Thing. He is Who I need to strive to be like. He forgives me my failings, lifts my chin, and tells me to try again. And again. And again.

1 comment:
Thank you for this post.... you are a blessing. Jennifer
Post a Comment